Avira AntiVir WebGate (for Linux proxy) 1.2.2-3 - Avira Antivirus for WebGate scans all HTTP and FTP incoming and outgoing traffic
Program system requirements: Linux/FreeBSD/Open BSD/Solaris;
8+100MB HDD, 32MB RAM
New in this version: incremental update
Avira Antivirus for WebGate is a dedicated security solution, that acts as a web proxy, scanning the entire HTTP and FTP traffic, and keeping you protected from malware and unwanted programs.
Main features of AVIRA WebGate:
- Solid antivirus technologies: multi-platform, VB100% certified scan engine
- Extensive Malware Recognition: aside from viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, worms, etc., it detects Adware & Spyware, double extension files and unusual runtime compression tools;
- Webmail scanning: increased protection for your web-based mailbox, by scanning the plain HTTP and FTP incoming and outgoing traffic
- Improved security for data transfer by scanning both inbound and outbound non-encrypted traffic.
- Tunneling support for HTTPS traffic
- Extended in-depth scanning, supporting customizable recursive scanning level
- Timeout function, permanently checking for inactive connections and closing them automatically after a predefined interval
- Complex notification and reporting features with user-friendly GUI
- Professional services: the AVIRA license entitles you to virus definitions updates and product upgrades, access to documentation, as well as standard technical support, offered by a team of skilled professionals.
The integration of AVIRA WebGate does not require any significant change in the configuration of the existent proxy server or currently used browser. It cooperates with the proxy server and completes its security function in an ideal way.
The Installation Kit comes fully featured but update service (FUSE) is disabled. To enable updates you may automatically request an evaluation key for a 30-days period from here: http://www.avira.com/en/products/test_licence.html - To further benefit of update service (FUSE) you may acquire the appropriate commercial license (http://www.avira.com/en/products/online_shop.html)