Avira AntiVir Linux Workstation 2.1.6-16 - AVIRA offers antivirus protection for home and network Linux users, worldwide.
Program system requirements: Linux/FreBSD/OpenBSD/Solaris, 8+10MB HDD, 32MB RAM
New in this version: incremental update
Avira AntiVir Linux Workstation is a superior antivirus solution, especially created to offer a virus-free Linux environment, for home and network users worldwide.
- Automatic updates of the virus signatures database and of the antivirus engine;
- Extensive Malware Recognition: aside from viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, worms, etc., it detects Adware & Spyware, double extension files and unusual runtime compression tools;
- On-access/on-close virus protection, employing the Dazuko kernel module on Linux platforms;
- Command line scanner (on-demand): configurable antivirus scanning for all known malware types;
- Extended protection against known or yet undiscovered viruses, due to advanced heuristics;
- Detailed reports, warnings and notifications (available for both admins and users);
- Enhanced protection against unknown boot-sector viruses, issuing alerts for boot sectors suspicious formats;
- Optional user-friendly graphic interface
- Professional services: the Avira license entitles you to virus definitions updates and product upgrades, access to documentation, as well as standard technical support, offered by a team of skilled professionals.
It offers permanent antivirus protection by smoothly monitoring your system's active processes and blocking malware (all sorts of viruses, Trojans, backdoors, worms etc.) from damaging your most valuable data. You can make your own decisions and set the type of action to take on the infected files: isolate, disinfect, remove.
By design, the product does not scan inside archives
The Installation Kit comes fully featured but update service (FUSE) is disabled. To enable updates you may automatically request an evaluation key for a 30-days period from here: http://www.avira.com/en/products/test_licence.html
To further benefit of update service (FUSE) you may acquire the appropriate commercial license (http://www.avira.com/en/products/online_shop.html)