DSpeech 1.51 - DSpeech is a stand-alone program of TTS with functionality of ASR integrated.
Program system requirements: On Windows NT4/2000 you need to install MS-SAPI5.1 (search for "sapi51.msi")
Size: 0.57 MB
OS: WinNT 4.x,Windows2000,WinXP,Windows2003
Developer:Dimitrios Coutsoumbas (Dimio) (» more programs)
View: Antivirus Report
New in this version: Better support of file formats
DSpeech is a TTS (Text To Speech) program with functionality of ASR (Automatic Speech Recognition) integrated. It is able to to read aloud the written text and choose the sentences to be pronounced upon the vocal answers of the user. It is specifically designed to provide quickly and directly the functions of better practical usefulness that are requested to this kind of programs. In the meantime the invasivity and the spent of resources are minimal. (DSpeech does not install itself, is very light, it starts in a second and doesn't write anything on the register). The capital features of DSpeech are:
1. It allows to save the output as a Wav or Mp3 file.
2. It allows to select quickly different voices and to combine them between
themselves, in order to create dialogues between some voices.
3. It integrates a vocal recognition system that, through a simple script language, allows to create interactive dialogues with the user.
4. It allows to configure the voices in an independent way.
5. Thanks to apposite TAGs, it allows to change dinamically the features of
the voices during the reproduction (speed, volume and frequency), to insert
pauses, to emphasize some words or to spell.
6. It allows to capture and reproduce the content of the ClipBoard.
7. It's compatible with all modern vocal engines SAPI4 or 5 compliant.
On Windows XP you don't have need to install anything. On Windows NT4/2000 you must install MS-SAPI, you can download them here:
Similarly, on NT4/2000, if you want use the Speech Recognition features, you must install the MS-Recognition Engine too, download from here:
DSpeech uses the vocal engines installed on system, by default Windows XP has only Microsoft SAM.
However, the better vocal engines come from Acapela, Cepstral, Loquendo, RealSpeak and VoiceWare.